Strengths, a focus on an individual’s capacity to perform, looking specifically at areas of high performance is a concept that stemmed from the educational research of the 1950’s. The original notion focused on generating gains in development by investing in what people naturally do best. It stands to reason that people are motivated and enjoy doing the things they do well.
Saville Assessment strengths based instruments allow an approach which incorporates weightings to both strengths and limitations to generate an overall fit score that more accurately encompasses the whole person.
Application in recruitment
Applying strengths to screen out unsuitable candidates in high volume recruitment situations enables recruiters to significantly reduce the number of candidates whilst simultaneously increasing the caliber of candidates to take through to interview stage.
Organizations can select in the best candidates by using Work Strengths to power a dynamic interview guide, ensuring a fair and standardized process that allows for your best candidates to be probed around their individual watch-for areas.
Application in development
Strengths, in the context of development, should ideally avoid simply focusing on limitations or coaching to overbuild strengths. Instead, a more robust process would involve working on building the employees existing strengths and managing limitations whilst simultaneously considering any of the implications of overplayed strengths and what impact these may have on other workers or roles.
Saville Assessments’ suite of strengths-based assessments allows specific roles and sectors to be targeted and includes:
● general work roles
● operational roles
● commercial roles
● roles with customer interface
● administrative roles in public or private sector
Advantages of Saville Assessment Strengths
● Relevant sector norms allow for accurate comparisons to be made.
● The assessments are provided in a short, straightforward and easy to understand format.
● Strengths based assessment encourages positivity which ensures that even those candidates who may eventually be rejected still gain from the process. This positive candidate experience works to enhance brand management.
● Sophisticated distortion mechanisms ensure accuracy and honesty in candidate responses.
● Based on Saville Assessment’s Wave model, our Strengths based assessments boost higher validity than similar competitor measures.